We acknowledge the needs of the children in our community. The least of these need after school help. We support and are actively engaged in after school tutoring through the Sandy Springs Mission. We also provide special times of volunteering for children and their families who are thrust into the healthcare system.
One Saturday per month, we serve our neighbors at Campbell Stone North Senior Apartments, 350 Carpenter Dr. 30328. We set up from 11-12 and then serve our friends lunch. Feel free to come and be a part of the set up, the serving, and the fellowship.
Teaching our International community to speak and write English. We also offer computer and citizenship classes.
We need volunteers to work one-on-one with our students to assist them in learning basic English through workbooks, reading, and helping them with pronunciation. If you can read and write, you can help!
When: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-12:00noon and 6:00pm-8:00pm
Children’s Healthcare has invited us to help with the following…
The following are opportunities of need at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta for support by Sandy Springs Community Church:
– Prepare meal bags, clothes, toiletries, etc. to support our families.
– Prepare gift bags, meals and snacks to support staff in the Chaplaincy area.
– Assist with Sunday morning worship – set up the service, participate as usher, straighten up area; perhaps even have a role in the service itself. Can include liturgical dance support.
– Provide music for worship services Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
– Provide support for the Annual Memorial Service. This is a very moving setting for families that pay tribute to children who have died – we need help with set-up, registration, straightening the areas, providing crafts for siblings, etc.
– Provide a water element and/or alter set for the Chapel.